About Us

We are an investment club partnership that was founded in 1953 by the alumni of the first five classes of the University of Chicago’s Executive MBA Program.  Membership was initially limited to XP graduates, but since 2016, Plymouth Court has welcomed graduates of all Chicago Booth MBA programs, as well as Booth Faculty.  Plymouth Court Associates has a long history of successful investment results and has repeatedly outperformed the S&P 500. Today, there are about 30 members in the club.

Our mission is to provide an opportunity for Booth alumni to apply their research and analytical skills for investment and learning experiences and to maintain an active association with the Chicago Booth .

Our History:

In 1953, a group of Executive MBA alumni was seeking ways to maintain active ties with the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business and provide ongoing educational experiences to participants.  On June 11, 1953, a limited partnership was proposed for the purpose of “the mutual investment of funds and the mutual education of partners in matters pertaining to investment and all related enterprises.”  An organisational meeting was held on July 9 of the same year for all those who had expressed an interest by offering an initial investment of $100.  The idea was over-subscribed and Plymouth Court Associates was formed, taking its name from a South Loop location where the early meetings took place.

Plymouth Court Associates’ first official meeting took place on September 16, 1953 and a regular bi-monthly schedule of dinner meetings was established for the third Wednesday of every other month beginning in January.  This tradition remains in effect today.  Over the years, meetings have taken place at various locations.  Most meetings are now held at the Gleacher Center, the downtown home of Chicago Booth .

Today, Plymouth Court Associates is distinguished as one of the oldest investment clubs in the United States.